Tuesday, January 22, 2013

3 days and counting

Just deactivated my FB page 3 days ago and in order to stabilise my addiction, I've decided to blog more often instead.

A few friends of mine have noticed that I've deactivated my FB page. In relation to some "unauthorised" photo tagging that, that friend of mine thought to be the trigger to my decision, that friend of mine have sent me a quite lengthy sms to seek for my forgiveness (sweet! but that is not the trigger actually.. lol). Nonetheless, I find it quite amusing that some people would find that my decision to deactivate my account is so dramatic and as if it is the end of the world! (lol again...)

My husband (yes, I'm married if my previous postings did not give you enough indication of my marital status already... :p) have been asking me on daily basis whether I have re-activate (is this correct... shheesshhh all these terms are driving me nuts) the blasted FB account. As at now, the answer is still NO.

I admit that FB is quite addictive especially during those time where boredom seeps in and you really need to divert your mind to a "happy" place. Ahhhh.... the "happy place".... That's the problem.... FB do not provide me with the "happy place" or happy state of mind anymore. There are just too much animosity posted by friends, acquaintances etc. Too many postings on friends preaching you (religious preachings, motivational preachings, political stands etc etc etc) and the list goes on and on. Not too mention the people with "my life is so beautiful", "I'm so happy with my perfect husband", "perfect kids", "perfect jobs", "perfect life" yadda, yadda, yadda.... Hahaha.... by now, if anybody reading this blog of mine must have thought that this girl is full of hatred and jealousy....lol... Well, this is my blog and I don't give a damn... hehehe...

Enough on me lamenting about FB... my rule of thumb: if you need to complaint, make it short and sweet. ;)

Not sure until when I can resist FB but for now I am 3 days and counting!

xoxo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment