Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Breastfeeding and a working mummy

Been receiving complaints from the little miss diva ie "I want nenen (breast milk)!! I want nenen!!" incessantly despite I have been nursing her on normal basis. Since little miss diva is already 22 months plus now, I was under the impression that "this mobile milk vending machine" is no longer producing milk like a cow anymore (mooooooooo...). Therefore, I was quite amused to find that today I manage to produce almost 4oz of milk (yeay!). Believed that this is the result of all of the chocolates that I have been hoovering since lunch time (justifying the excessive chocolates intake... lol).


This is quite an achievement as since baby girl reaches her 17 months marks she is no longer on breast milk exclusively. I had to supplement her with formula milk as work commitment deter me from following the initial schedule of 2 times a day (morning and after lunch) and an additional session if I had to work late. Now, the expressing session has been reduced to one session per day.

Working long hours can sometimes gets really stressful and takes a toll on my body, therefore my decision to supplement her with formula back then was a highly needed action to ease my body a little and at the same time to ensure that she still gets all the nutrients that a baby/toddler needed to grow up healthy and happy. At first I did have the emotional dilemma on whether I am not a good mother and had I not try hard enough to exclusively nurse her for the full 2 years. But whenever self doubt sets in, I always believe in my mantra that "I did try my best" and "a happy mummy is always a better mummy than a stressful and a grumpy mummy". :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment