Wednesday, January 30, 2013

J'adore peplum!

Peplums! Peplums! Peplums!

I know they have been around for yonks, but it is somehow now it has been reincarnated and deemed cool by the fashionistas once again (well at least, on my side of the globe... haha.... but then again, Victoria Beckham, Kim Kardashian etc have been spotted wearing peplums more than once this past few months...). It is like I can't go into any stores or even online fashion websites without seeing them in all sorts of patterns ie flat, check, polka dots, stripes, Aztec, flowery, short/long sleeves, sleeveless and the list goes on and on and on. You see what I mean now? (haha)

But the thing is, I am not the least bothered by the abundance of it as I think I'm crazy about them too! This week only, I wore two types of peplums to work, short sleeves on Tuesday and long sleeves today, Thursday (yup like every other day... hehe). The scary part is, I think if I have more peplums in my collection, I would be wearing them everyday of the week! (Yikes!!!) I mean I can already imagine what Joan Rivers would have said about my fashion sense and I may be fined by the fashion police (lol). To justify a bit, I believe my adoration of peplums derived from its design which I find very practical. It looks dressy enough for work, date night or casual outing and it covers your behind for anyone who has issues with it. Isn't that just perfect? :)



Please excuse the oh! so not glamorous background... haha

xoxo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment